Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Burn2: Regrets

With all the time I was able to spend at Burn2 before it opened to the public and after, I was able to see every installation at least twice. I kept going back to many, over and over again, and featuring some on this blog (click the Burn2 tag below to see all my entries), but one I regret not featuring while it was available to the public was Trill Zapatero's GrailQuest. Simply stated, it was sumptuously textured, rather skillfully constructed, and makes-you-tingle exiting. Each step along the path to find the Grail was an interactive joy, deeply rooted in philosophy.

Buddha: “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.”

If you clicked about (and nearly everything was clickably interactive) you'd hear special sounds, be treated to fun visuals, or be given special quotes like that above. Every part of this installation was important unto itself, but they all blended together to form an experience unlike any at Burn2. And I failed to blog about it. I take some comfort in knowing that some 600 people visited, but I don't know how many thought to climb the ladder or even complete the Quest.

More's the pity.

Here are some images I captured today to help me remember. I hope you enjoy them.

It was hard to miss the grail. If you came to Burn2, you saw it. But did you experience it?

The textures are simply amazing.

A fabulous meditative garden ...

... with a view to the goal.

Lots of fun interactivity!

Plenty of places to sit and think and look upon the Playa.

The books are trying to tell me something as they flap their leaves at me.

Does a Grail Quest every really end?

No comments: