Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Strawberry's Zodiac Meme

By now you should have noticed that every week the inestimable Strawberry Singh posts a meme challenge on her blog and this week was no different, though I did find it extra challenging: Zodiac.

What is your birthday and/or Zodiac sign?
My birthday is June 18th, therefore I am a Gemini. According to What is My Sign:
Gemini sign is intellectual sign. People of Gemini sign are graceful and clever. For Gemini sign money and love are always not enough. Gemini sign love is illusory. Gemini sign may suffer from nervous breakdowns. Gemini woman is not interested in terrestrial passions. Gemini man is in permanent change.
Nervous breakdowns ... um ...  yah. This could be me. Not sure about the rest. Among my terrestrial passions are cheeseburgers, other women, and kitties – not necessarily in that order.

Since I'm a Gemini, that means I have a twin, right? So here she is. Really. We are twins. Can't you tell? We are celebrating Topless Tuesday by jumping on the bed in the family apartment.
Really, she's an Alt. A convenient "X" initial name handy for Lucky Chairs.
Do you believe in or follow astrology?
No, not really, which is what makes this meme so challenging.

Do you feel your sign’s attributes reflect who you are?
Since the answer to the last question was "No" then I'd have to repeat it here. However, one must keep in mind that we often become who others see us to be. Perhaps we should take Robert Burns to heart, then, and seek the gift to see ourselves as others see us. There are many that take astrology more seriously than I do and that colors their view of me.

Have you ever been to a psychic or astrologer either in RL or in SL (are there any in SL?)
No, but one is in the same building as a sandwich shop my family frequents. Maybe just parking there is an influence? More than one person in Second Life has offered to read Tarot cards for me but I've never had it done.

Do you read your horoscope daily and try to follow any advice, recommendations or warnings it may have for you that day?
No. I haven't read my horoscope in a very long time. I'm not sure they are even published in the newspapers I look at so infrequently.

Do you have very strong feelings about astrology, either negative or positive?
Again, no. I'm really being negative in this post, aren't I now? I hadn't thought about astrology in years, really. Not until this topic came up. Sorry to be so boring. Nothing to see here. Move along.

2 comments:

Strawberry Singh said...

I didn't find your post negative at all! You were actually kind of amusing, I enjoyed reading it. And thanks for doing the awesome TT challenge yourself, I am happy I finally got a chance to take part. :D

Uccie Poultry said...

Very kind of you to say, Strawberry. I'm glad you have joined TT as I'm sure the rest of the community is, too.