Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wandering Flip Title

When I started a shop in Second Life some time ago my Freebie Box contained a number of gadgets including a hover text titler called a FlipTitle. Little did I know that upon first use the item would notify me of the new owner and location. At first it was amusing but as more folks visited my shop or passed on a copy of the box the messages became annoying. After some work I managed to all but kill the messages. Apparently, though, a major retailer has included my original box with a collection of freebs from around the grid so about once a week or so I still get a message from a FlipTitle. Kinda reminds me of the Geo Bear project ... a stuffed bear clothed with a backpack stuffed with pre-addressed/stamped postcards is given to someone who takes it "far away" before sending back one of the cards and passing the bear on to someone else.

No comments: