Saturday, June 2, 2012

SL9B: Exhibitor Status

I got this in my email this morning:

Congratulations! Your application has been accepted for the Second Life Birthday Celebration this year! 

I'll be near the all mesh main stage in a really decent spot (SLurl). Finally near the main action! Past birthdays my parcel has been out in the boondocks.

Hard at work finishing up my build. Visitors can grab a gift pack and take copies of all the candles.
To dispel some rumors: I did not get preferential treatment with a nice spot because I'm a Greeter, Exhibitor Assistant, and a Moderator for the event. If I had then my parcel would have an unobstructed view of the western ocean as requested. Over 400 applications were recieved for about 350 parcels so I'm darned lucky to have gotten one at all. In fact, I asked if I could drop in a day early to put up my build in since I'll be sooooo busy helping other exhibitors when the sims officially open for building but I was denied. Fair is fair.

I hope to see you all there. Until then, take a look at the SL9B Website for more information and to volunteer.


No comments: