Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Volcano Sacrifices

A few nights ago several members of the Bay City Alliance visited Mount  G'al (SLurl), a prominent (pun intended) volcano on the Mainland and sacrificed a few avatars. Sadly, I wasn't there but I visited the next day and posted a few pics on MySL (here, here, and here for a few). The Linden Department of Public Works (LDPW) has a thing for volcanos. I've previously mentioned the one at the Zebrasil Infohub (Web), the only erupting volcano that I know of in Second Life. Here are some pix of another one that I know about, discovered by my brother and the place where he always logs out his alt. It is Okeanos on the Coastal Waterway (SLurl).

Looking into the caldera. I have to admit I used a special Windlight setting to make this more dramatic. The volcano is nowhere close to being dangerous and you can even safely climb down to the lava dome.

Of course, this view is more dramatic, too, but if someone puts a diving board out at a volcano, I have to walk it.
At the base of the hill is a little shack and a rotting boat dock. Who knows why the LDPW builds these little places. I've even seen whole villages built up and not used by anyone. And by "anyone" I mean it is so rare to find anyone around that I wonder if all these sites are a waste of resources. It would be nice if non-premium accounts were allowed to set such sites as their home spot.

I mean, who wouldn't want to live here?


No comments: