Saturday, January 19, 2013

In Honor of Honour

If you aren't familiar with the blog of Honour McMillan (here, but keep reading first) then you are missing out on something special. She weaves wonderfully written and rather erudite essays through the warp and weft of some fabulous photography to show us her unique perspective on Our World.

Beguile (SLurl)
Her pictures primarily feature art exhibitions in Second Life, certainly one of the best reasons to explore Our World, but she also photographs lovely landscapes and notable sights. How she finds them all, I don't know. Certainly she knows a lot of people who recommend places for her to visit (I'm guilty of a few of those myself), but it is clear she gets around, too.

Beguile (SLurl)
Her writings vary from eloquent expositions on the subject she's photographed to deep and meaningful essays on the human condition yet each is done with skill and humor (or is that humour?) and all are entertaining. Translation: She writes good.

Beguile (SLurl)
So when I visited Beguile, the subject of my photographs, I thought of her. "How would Honour photograph this place? What insights would she take from this experience to wrap up in a wonderful, homespun homily?"

Beguile (SLurl)
Then I said "F#ck It!" and played with lots of Windlight settings, finally coming up with the combination of [TOR] Coral Reef Water and Orange Incubus Windlight along with some patience, playing with angles, and deciding whether or not to use all the fancy graphics options or not.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and that they encourage you to play in Second Life. With any luck you enjoy reading my blog sometimes, too. But you should really check out Honour's blog and her pictures.