Friday, January 31, 2014

Trent's Final Pictures

Starting with a MySL feed post from Venus Petrov, I got myself involved with a contest (see here) to see who could make the best Alt from nothing but freebies. No dollarbies, no gifting from your Main character to your noobie, no Demowear, and no out-of-the-box starter avies. Of course, since you've been reading my blog, you saw all that in my last blog post (here). With all that out of the way, I'll say I'm done. These are the final pictures for the contest and the details of each outfit, all taken on Social Island (SLurl), the second place in Second Life that new residents see. I present Trenton Aloysius Kalamack.


  • Abraninmations: Male AO 4 [Pose: ao2-male-standing 2 (P2)]
  • AnyPose: Expression HUD v1.0
  • AJ Designs: Men's Underwear Gray
  • Avi-Glam: Illusion Eyes *grey (m)
  • BlakOpal: Tramontane Shirt with Collar
  • BlakOpal: Tramontane Sage Vest
  • Linden: Male Pirate Boots Linden: Male Pirate Pants
  • Linden: Short with Bangs (Blonde) hair
  • Linden: Socks (Light Grey)
  • Nivaro: Adam Skin Lighttone - trailhair_clean_bald
  • Ruby: Levi Brows
  • TrentonKalamack Resident: Custom Shape
  • TrentonKalamack Resident: Small (Gold) Earring Left

I very much like many of the items that the Lindens give us in our basic Inventories. These boots are awesome and look great with the matching pants. The Lab gets the credit, but the creators are really the folks behind Adam and Eve fashions. They created many of the nicer outfits you'll find if you dig around your Inventory.

Trent's shape is original but is based in some part on the Standard Mesh Size that many clothing creators use.


  • Abraninmations: Male AO 4 [Pose: ao3-MaleStand5 (P2)] 
  • AnyPose: Expression HUD v1.0 
  • AJ Designs: Men's Underwear Gray 
  • Avi-Glam: Illusion Eyes *grey (m) 
  • Blackburns: Canvas Dark Stars Color sneakers 
  • Blackburns: Computer Glasses 
  • Linden: Male Logo Top (not really visible in this pic, but it provides the longer sleeves and the bit of color at the collar)
  • Linden: Short with Bangs (Blonde) hair 
  • Linden: Socks (Light Grey) 
  • Nivaro: Adam Skin Lighttone - trailhair_clean_bald 
  • P's: Keep Calm Bacon On mesh t-shirt 
  • PEER: Love Sucks Jeans Ruby: Levi Brows 
  • TrentonKalamack Resident: Custom Shape 
  • TrentonKalamack Resident: Small (Gold) Earring Left

For those of you that have looked, Trent's hair is a women's style from the basic Inventory, but this character's look in the novels where he originated features slightly longer hair like this so it was a great find. That and it is far superior to the several free styles I came across while shopping. Male characters have so few choices of freebies in Our World. Just yesterday I found a shop that had about a dozen outfits for female characters 30 days old or newer but none for me despite being a shop for both men and women.

But it was my choice to "go male" for this so I can only blame me. But it was refreshing to try. At least I didn't have to fall back on the freebies that I've created for Bay City, the LDPW fan group, and other sources. Now I have to figure out what to do with Trent. I thought of offering his account to a friend of mine that is also a fan of the books from whence Trent sprang. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone who entered. Check out the Flickr group here to see other entrants.

The contest allowed only two pictures, but I managed to score  a few swimsuits and other pieces that I could not feature. Before terminating Trent's stay in SL I might feature a few of the better ones in future blog posts.

No comments: