Thursday, May 12, 2011

SL8B Hopes

With any luck, I'll be able to win a spot at Second Life Birthday 8 (SLB8) this year. In anticipation, I've already started a pre-build after "doodling" for several different exhibit concepts. If chosen, this will be my fourth build and I again hope to show to the world a little bit of the Isle of Lesbos.

Got my workin' gear on and a fair start already.
The birthday theme is The Magic of Second Life (the Official Wiki has more details) and my build will use a miniature version of the Pride Club (featured in my previous post here). The idea is to highlight the magic of SL relationships, such as those like the couples that have met at the Isle and bonded in relationships from casual to very deep.  For the Isle specifically, it has been (and will continue to be) for women to safely explore same-sex relationships, be they chummy friendships or lasting romances.

The exhibit will be a place for visitors to get to know the Isle and one another with a place to dance and opportunities to sit and chat. I also hope to have portraits of SL couples and information about the LGBT lifestyle.

I should know by May 31st, should everything goes well, if I'll have exhibit space or not. Likely I'll have the majority of the build done before then and find myself making endless tweaks.

No comments: